Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise is an optimal experience. Wake up early at around 4:30am prepare yourself and stuffs for the trip. Be sure that your battery is fully charged and your camera is with you too.
As the temple opening time is at 5:00am, you need to buy Angkor Wat ticket the day before at the official Angkor Wat Ticket booth. Your local hosted guide or driver shall be available for the job, and they will ensure a memorable Angkor Wat sunrise and the experience today of the boat trip on the shore of the lake.
A Glimpse of Angkor Wat at Sunrise / 1 day trip
Wake up and pick up transfer from the hotel at 04:30am:
Pick up and transfer to Angkor Wat, and walk through the floating causeway (the original causeway is under preservation), then up to the outer enclosure wall and pay respect to God Visnu. Come a close to the pond where you will wait for the sun to come up.
At around 06:00 or 06:30am, the sun will rise up and prepare yourself with camera and enjoy the moment during the dawn. Then come out of the temple gate, follow breakfast boxes which are ready delivered and reserved for you on spot at the restaurant nearby. Catch up the surrounding environment and enjoy the beauty of the early morning atmosphere and gaze at the temple. As the temple is set to the west, afternoon is the best for the visit and photography.
After breakfast, proceeding your trip to an enjoyable boat ride around the fishing floating village Tonle Sap (boat trip takes approximately 1.5 hours (October-February) and longer to 2 hours when the water turns lower March to August. Cruise around the shore of the lake and visit the floating houses, schools, hospital and farms of fish, crocodiles, are all moored on the lake and moveable following the level of the water.
Your cruise trip will finish at around 10:00am, return back town, you are invited for an authentic experience with the local traditional transport, “Ox-Cart ride” for about 15 minutes in the village.
After this rafting experience, you will have the opportunity to visit artisan d’Angkor, the centre for training and giving skill to the young rural Cambodian. Take your tour around with the local guide who will present you the activities in the centre and you will also have your time for handicraft for your own souvenir.
Back for lunch on your own account, or choose the course of “a light cooking class which selected for you to have additional experience about cooking of the local food with Khmer Chefs”. The course costs around USD 15.- each for cooking and eating from your own dishes you have prepared.
Afternoon, at around 2:00pm, start your visit of Angkor Wat – the world heritage of best of its architectural greatness. Stay here till 4:30 pm and return back to your hotel for refreshment!
End of your tour today !
On the light cooking class, for well preparation of the course, the reservation of this service is required the booking and confirmation for at lease one day before.
– Local escorted guide, conduct in English as general. Other languages are available upon request, however, the extra charge is varied;
– Private vehicle, 1-2 pax by car, 3-6 will operate by minivan, 7-13 by coaster;
– VIP breakfast boxes shall be served after sunrise, but not at the temple;
– Boat cruise to floating village and tour around to the shore of the lake;
– Ox cart ride experience in the village after the visit of the lake;
– Opportunity to visit artisan d’Angkor;
– The visit of the main highlight temple in the afternoon till 16:30 approximately;
– Pure drinking water and refreshing towels during the tour;
– Travel insurance for this 1 day trip:
– Temple ticket, to be bought at own account (1 day pass = USD 37.-, 2-3 days pass = USD 62.-);
– Light cooking class, to be on extra charge as specified on the program;
– Personal expenses, ie. drinks and others are not mentioned on the inclusion.
* Bookings and Payments:
– All services are subject to availability.
– In the event of an activity being unavailable, then the best reasonable alternative will be offered.
– In the event of chosen hotel accommodation becoming unavailable after confirmation, the best reasonable alternative accommodation will be offered.
– Reservations will be made only on confirmation of tour services.
– In the event of cancellation by the guest less than 3 days, 50 percent cancelation’s fee will be applied;
– We reserve the right to impose any cancellation fees from any third parties.
– In the event of cancellation due to forces beyond the control of Angkor Destination Travel, all deposits- received will be returned.
– The settlement should be by international bank transfer in advance, or (exceptionally) cash or credit card (Visa or Master card only) in Siem Reap – banking fees may be charged.
* Booking Information:
To book your tour, we require the following to be confirmed:
– Submit us the email confirmation of a final itinerary a minimum of 1 week prior to arrival for FIT,
and/or 25 days prior for group tours.
– We accept all types of credit cards (Visa or Master card and Amex).
– Payment by cash up on arrival is the most preferable.
– Payment by credit cards are subjected to add 2.5% for Visa & master cards, and 4.5% for Amex.