Siem Reap -> Banteay Chhmar -> Battambang -> Phnom Penh.
Day 1: Arrival from …, transfer to hotel. Rest of day free.
Day 2: Tour to the temples.
Day 3: Explore remote temples Beng Mealea & Koh Kehr. Lunch Boxes
Day 4: Tour to the temples.
Day 5: Overland trip to Banteay Chhmar. Enjoy the home stay at the local community-base of CBT. Sight-seeing in Banteay Chhmar.
Day 6: Breakfast – Leaving the local home stay and drive to Battambang. Sight-seeing in BTM.
Day 7: Overland drive to Phnom Penh and enroute sight-seeing.
Day 8: Highlight day in Phnom Penh.
Day 9: Leisure day. Explore the city on your own.
Day 10: Free till time for pick up transfer to airport for the flight to … End of service !
– Intro tour by Remork (Tuk Tuk) to the village and experience the Ox-cart ride for about 10-15 minutes.
– Visit the temples in Rolous group, “Preah Ko, Bakong, Lolei and Banteay Srei, “the gem in Khmer arts”.
– Visit the temples in the small and grand circuit.
– Visit the temples in the great city in Angkor Thom, “Bayon, Baphoun, Phimeanakas, Elephant & Lepper King Terrace”.
– Ta Prohm, “the ruin in the jungle” and Angkor Wat, “the temple in the world heritage list”.
– Visit Beng Mealea and Koh Ker, “the hidden Kingdom in the nature”.
– Enjoy boat trip at fishing floating Village on Tonle Sap, “fresh water lake in Asia”.
– Visit sunrise and Meditation practice at the monastery and meet the monks for blessing.
– Breakfast on the hill top and overlooking the great lake.
– Visit artisan d’Angkor and Angkor Silk Farm in Puok to see the cocoon and people making silk.
– Experience the home stay at the local community in Banteay Chhmar.
– Tour & sight in Battambang, village tour and see people making sticky rice.
– Enjoy Bamboo train.
– Visit Oudong on the way to Phnom Penh.
– Cyclo ride from the hotel to National Museum and visit Royal Palace, Wat Phnom Penh, Tuol Sleng & Chheoung Ek.
– Sunset cruise on the Mekong.
Day 1: ... - Siem Reap
Afternoon relax at the hotel or doing the village tour
Arrival from …, transfer to hotel. Rest of day free. or enjoy the Ox-cart ride for about 15-20 minutes in the village. The trip is designed to be traveled by Remork (Tuk Tuk).
Day 2: Siem Reap - Angkor
Visit the temples in Rolous group and small circuit
Sight-seeing Preah Ko, Bakong, Lolei and drive to Banteay Srei. Afternoon: Kravan, Pre Rub, Eastern Mebon, and Banteay Kdei and Srah Srang till sunset.
Day 3: Siem Reap - Beng Mealea & Koh Ker
Trip to the hidden Kingdom
Explore remote temples Beng Mealea & Koh Kehr. Lunch Boxes
Day 4: Siem Reap - Floating Village
Sunrise experience & Sight-seeing temples
Today, you can choose on the option “1” for the early morning experience and tour to floating village. or you go on the normal tour on option “2“.
01. “Early morning sunrise experience and meditation with the Buddhist monks at the monastery”. Breakfast on the hill before continuing the trip to boat ride around the floating Village at Chong Khneas. More about this morning experience, click on this link: “Morning Experience”
02. Morning: Visit Chong Khneas fishing floating Village. Return to Southern gate of Angkor, Bayon, Baphoun, Phimeanakas, Elephant & Lepper King Terrace.
Afternoon: Ta Prohm, Angkor Wat, the big highlight temple in this whole afternoon.
Day 5: Siem Reap - Banteay Chhmar
Overland drive to B. Chhmar + enroute sight-seeing
Today after breakfast, you will drive by overland to Banteay Chhmar and stop at Angkor Silk Farm to see and learn about the process from the mulberry bushes cultivation to the production of silk fabrics and accessories. As the Silk Farm covers an area of 8 hectares, of which 5 are used for the mulberry trees plantation, you will enjoy the beautiful setting while learning about the fascinating process of silk-making.
During your visit, professional guide who works on site will give you more details on the mulberry trees, silkworm farming, cocoon unwinding, preparation of the silk threads, ikat technique (tie-dyeing of the threads) and silk weaving. We are sure that you will be impressed by the dexterity of the artisans with silk threads.
Then you will continue your trip to Banteay Chhmar and stay overnight at the local house, organize by the local community, “CBT” –- Community-Base Tourism in Banteay Chhmar.
CBT is a group of local villagers dedicated to preserving and protecting the cultural heritage of the area as well as creating a sustainable tourism industry in Banteay Chhmar. The CBT was originally started in 2007 with the aid of a French organization Agir Pour le Cambodge. In 2009, Global Heritage Fund (GHF) began work on documenting and conserving Banteay Chhmar Temple. They formed a partnership with the CBT. In addition to GHF, Heritage Watch is also working in cooperation with the CBT. Heritage Watch is helping in areas of educating the local population about the importance of protecting Khmer cultural heritage and the benefits to their livelihoods from tourism activities. They are also involved in an English-language and tour guide training program for the Banteay Chhmar tour guides.
Tour to the temple in Banteay Chhmar with the local professional guide from CBT and experience with some amazing activities and the ride on Ox cart around the area.
Lunch and dinner will serve at the local house within the community. Overnight.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Local Home Stay in Banteay Chhmar
Day 6: Banteay Chhmar - Battambang
Drive to Battambang & sight-seeing
After breakfast – drive to Battambang. Check in at the hotel.
Start the sight-seeing in Battambang. Depart from the hotel by Car/Remork/Minivan and travel through the countryside over small rural roads. Visit Wat Ta Mem and learn more about Pagoda Life in Cambodia. Continue to the Bamboo Train Station located a short distance away and board the tiny train. This small engine powered train has a bamboo platform of 3 by 3 meters and can be considered the smallest passenger train in the world. The train can be completely dissembled to allow other transportation to pass on the single railway. Continue through Cambodia’s countryside and meet the friendly local people transporting anything from fresh market produce to motorbikes and construction materials on the way.
Visit the brick factory at the end of the rail track and continue to Wat Balatt. Here the clients can enjoy a local snack and travel through small villages to the Killing fields of Battambang. Learn more about the history of Battambang during the Khmer Rouge years.
Visit the village of Somrong Khnong and Doun Tiel village and on the way meet with the local people who produce sticky rice, rice paper, knives and a fish farm. Visit people at their beautiful Khmer home. We back to Battambang town for lunch break and then continue to see some old bridges which built during the French colony time on the way up to Phnom Banan. The hillside temple is located 25km south of Battambang and is like a smaller version of Angkor Wat. Built in the 10th century, its location is stunning. Enjoy the ride on the way and climb the stairs to the top for a beautiful view over the plains below.
Return back town and take a stop at the Battambang Winery. Unknown to the world, Cambodia also grows grapes and produces its own wine. With the help of foreign experts, medium sized wineries can be found around Battambang. Stop at one of the wineries and taste the Cambodian wine. Opt to walk around the property to learn more about the process before returning to the hotel for an evening at leisure. Overnight.
Day 7: Battambang - Phnom Penh
Drive to Phnom Penh & enroute sight-seeing
Today after breakfast, you will take a long distance drive to Phnom Penh. On the way stop at Kompong Luang (King’s Pier) and take a short tour in the village to see the people making clay pot. Continue the trip and take another stop at Phnom Oudong and take the tour around this historic mountain. Drive to Phnom Penh and check in at the hotel. Overnight.
Day 8: Phnom Penh
Tour and sight-seeing in Phnom Penh
Today is the highlight day in Phnom Penh so you will leave the hotel at around 08:00 am.
Enjoy the Cyclo ride from the hotel to National Museum. Visit the National Museum, Royal Palace, Wat Phnom, Tuol Sleng.
Lunch at local restaurant.
Visit Cheoung Ek, and Russian Market. Late afternoon at around 16:00 pm, drive to the pier and embark on the boat for sunset cruise on the Mekong.
Return to the hotel and overnight.
Day 9: Phnom Penh
Day at leisure & explore the city on your own
Today is your leisure day. Take your time to explore this charming city before you leave Cambodia on the next day. Overnight.
Day 10: Phnom Penh
Transfer to airport for flight home
After breakfast – Time free. Pick up transfer to airport for the flight to … End of service !
* Tour inclusive of:
– Hotel accommodation in double/twin room with daily breakfast;
– Escorted tour by a local guide in English, French, German, Spanish …;
– Private vehicle for all transfers and transportation for the sight-seeing;
– Entrances’ fee on sites;
– Meals as per program (4x dinners + 4x lunches);
– Boat trip to floating village at Chong Khneas — Tonle Sap & sunset cruise on the Mekong;
– Ox cart ride at home stay in Banteay Chhmar;
– Early morning experience and meditation practice with the monks at the monastery in option 1;
– VIP breakfast boxes will be provided on spot;
– Village tour and enjoy the ride on bamboo train (rafting the rails in Battambang);
– Visit Oudong — the holy historic temple mountain;
– Personalized program in details;
– Pure drinking water and refreshing towels during the tours/sight-seeing;
– Taxes & service charges.
* Bookings and Payments:
– All services are subject to availability.
– In the event of an activity being unavailable, then the best reasonable alternative will be offered.
– In the event of chosen hotel accommodation becoming unavailable after confirmation, the best reasonable alternative accommodation will be offered.
– Reservations will be made only on confirmation of tour services.
– In the event of cancellation by the guest less than 3 days, 50 percent cancelation’s fee will be applied;
– We reserve the right to impose any cancellation fees from any third parties.
– In the event of cancellation due to forces beyond the control of Angkor Destination Travel, all deposits- received will be returned.
– The settlement should be by international bank transfer in advance, or (exceptionally) cash or credit card (Visa or Master card only) in Siem Reap – banking fees may be charged.
* Booking Information:
To book your tour, we require the following to be confirmed:
– Submit us the email confirmation of a final itinerary a minimum of 1 week prior to arrival for FIT,
and/or 25 days prior for group tours.
– We accept all types of credit cards (Visa or Master card and Amex).
– Payment by cash up on arrival is the most preferable.
– Payment by credit cards are subjected to add 2.5% for Visa & master cards, and 4.5% for Amex.